Construction of Gabion Retaining Wall to SH-130 Pachgaon to Kandalgaon Road ODR-90, Tal-Karveer, Dist-Kolhapur at Km 0/000 to 4/300.
TechFab Metal Gabion was suggested for retaining and erosion control purposes in lieu of the
conventional R.C.C Retaining Wall for achieving the following advantages:
1. Flexible structure which can accommodate differential settlement.
2. Free draining structure with no pore pressure development behind wall.
3. Easy in construction, as it does not require skilled labourers.
4. Does not require curing time as in case of R.C.C Retaining wall.
5. Eco-friendly, as the vegetation growth over it, is compatible with surrounding environment.
Gabion Retaining walls are flexible structures which are very suitable in case of retaining structures for protection, nearby the water body. Gabions can take settlement which may occur in such regions. Walls of varying height (1m to 4.5m), was proposed. TechGeo Nonwoven Geotextile PR 20 was placed at the rear end of gabion wall which acts as filter
Gabion construction is fast and can be done using unskilled labours. Boulders are available in the vicinity, reduced the overall project cost and make the project very cost effective. Excavation for minimum 1 meter depth was carried out in the virgin soil. Any unsuitable soil removed and replaced with good quality soil. Nonwoven Geotextile are used beneath and behind the Gabion wall for filtration purpose. Compacted filling was proposed and being carried out at site. Final batter as per the design was achieved after the completion of the work.
TechFab Metal Gabion and TechGeo Nonwoven Geotextile satisfied all the technical parameters for their effective usage. The execution was successfully completed in time. The department was satisfied with the material quality and in time execution of project.
Acts as a “Filter” by preventing the backfill material from being washed out through
2. Acts as a “Separator” between the backfill material and the Gabion facia and thereby
prevents the mixing of the tow.
Does not corrode under areas which are in constant / partial submergence.
Cost incurred is very less compared to R.C.C Retaining Wall and depends only on the
local availability of boulders